|- General Information|
|- Work Visa/ Study Visa / Long Term Resident Visa|
|- Visit Visa|
|- Business Visa|
|- Journalist Visa|
|- Visas for Expatriates|
|- New Passport|
|- New Passport for Under age (Minor Applicants)|
|- New Passport in Lieu of Lost Passport|
|- Renewal of Passport|
|- Inclusion of Children's Particulars in Passport|
|- Change of Name in Passport|
|- Emergency Travel|
|Registration of Birth
|Registration of Marriage|
|Registration of Death|
|Repatriation of human remains|
Submission of Dual Citizenship Applications
The Consulate General of Sri Lanka in Sydney now accepts applications for dual citizenship from Sri Lankan origin Australian citizens and Sri Lankan nationals living on Permanent Residence visas in NSW and QLD.
The applications are accepted during the consular hours ( from 9.30 am – 1.30 pm during week days).
Application processing fee of AU $ 35.00 is charged for each application. Attestation fee of AU $ 35.00 is charged for each Australian documentÂ whichÂ is toÂ be authenticated by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia (DFAT).
In order to avoid unnecessary delay and minimize complications in submitting appropriate documents, you are kindly requested to re-check the following before you submit your application to make sure that your application is in order.
Applicants who submit the applications to the Consulate General in person
1. Duly Completed Dual Citizenship application with a photocopy and three passport size photographs.
2 Applicant’s original Birth Certificate with a photocopy.
(If the applicant is a citizen of Sri Lanka by registration, the relevant certificate with a photocopy)
3. If the applicant is married, original marriage certificate with a photocopy.
(If the applicant is married in Australia, the marriage certificate to be authenticated by DFAT)
4. An applicant submitting application for Resumption under section 19(2)
(a) Original Foreign Citizenship Certificate with a photocopy (Australian Citizenship certificate authenticated by DFAT)
(b) Foreign Passport with copies of Bio data page and the observation page (authenticated by DFAT)
(c) Original Australian National Police Clearance report not older than 3 months (Police clearance is not required for the applicants below 15 years of age)
(d)Previous Sri Lankan Passport ( if available) with photocopies of bio data page and the observation page.
Translations of birth certificates and marriage certificates are not accepted.
Affidavit in the dual citizenship application should be certified by the Consulate General in Sydney or Sri Lanka Honorary Consul inÂ Queensland.(Affidavit and copies of other documents certified by JPs are not accepted)
Should you need further information or any clarification on submission on dual citizenship applications, kindly contact the Consulate General after 1.30 pm on working days.
Applicants submitting applications for Retention under section 19(3)
(a) Current Sri Lankan Passport and photocopies of bio data page and the observation page.
(b) Residence visa certificate Form 283 with a photocopy or visa endorsment page of the passport with a photocopy ( computer generated certificates are not accepted)
(c) Original Australian National Police clearance report not older than 3 months with a photocopy( Not required for applicants below 15 years of age).
5. If applying under age category (3:1) original birth certificate with a photocopy.
6. If applying under Professional category (3:2) applicant’s original Educational/Professional qualification certificates with photocopies.
If the application is submitted under profetional catagory on qualifications obtained in Australia, such educational/professional certificates should be submitted with the authentication from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia ( Please note that the authentication endorsment from the DFAT is required on a photo copy of the certicate, not on the original certificate). The Consulate General charges the prescribed consular fee for attestation of such documents (AU $ 35 per certificate).
7. If applying under Assets/Properties category (3:3) original of the documentary proof of applicant’s assets such as; lands or other immovable properties in Sri Lanka worth of Rs. 2.5 million or above and their photocopies. Deed, valuation report & title reports for the same should be also submitted, along with above supporting documents.
8. If applying under fixed deposit of Rs. 2.5 million or above – category (3:4) a confirmation letter from the bank mentioning deposit will not be withdrawn within a period of 3 years.
9. If applying under fixed deposit of USD 25,000 or above – category (3:5) a confirmation letter from the bank mentioning deposit will not be withdrawn within a period of 3 years.
10. If applying under Treasury Bond (TB) or Security Investment Account (SIA) valued of USD 25,000 for minimum 3 years period – category (3:6) a certificate from the relevant Authority conforming the investment will not be withdrawn prior to maturity.
11 If applying under the spouse of the applicant or an unmarried child under the age of 22 of the applicant – category (3:7) original marriage certificate with a photocopy(for Spouse) or original of birth certificate (for unmarried child –born in Sri Lanka) with a photocopy or a copy of Citizenship certificate issued under section 5(2) of the Citizenship Act No. 18 of 1948 (for unmarried child - born outside the Sri Lanka)
Applications can be forwarded by post or sent by hand through a third party
The applicants who are unable to submit their applications to the Consulate General in person can forward their applications by postÂ orÂ by hand through a third party.
Duly certified application and certified copies of certificates and forwarded by post or sent by hand through a third party should be certified with rubber stamp by
Sri Lanka Honorary Consul in Queensland ( Mr. Anton Swan, No. 26, Dannenberg Street, Carseldine, QLD 4034, Tel. 0438194852).
Applicants who forward the application by post should send the Consular fee of AU $ 35.00 and the attestation fee of AU $ 35.00 (per foreign document) by a money order drawn in favour ofÂ “Consulate General of Sri Lanka, Sydney”.
Applicants are encouraged to submit the original certificates and other relevant documents issued in Sri Lanka with the attestations from the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Colombo
All applicants are requested to attach a covering note to the application in providing full name of the applicant, postal address, contact numbers and e-mail address for the record purpose and easy reference for communication with applicants when necessary.
The applicants who submit the applications by post are requested to send an envelope with return postal address for the purpose of sending the payment receipt which is important for reference purposes.